


2026年4月20至26日,凤凰网联袂张家界大峡谷举办的2026张家界悦读共创大会暨华人国学大典丙午春集,正在火热进行中。湖南大学岳麓书院历史系教授Peter Brian Ditmanson先生来到现场吟诗《我们所欠的一首颂歌》。他还分享了关于英国历史的一本书《狼厅》,戴彼得先生表示,特别喜欢阅读这本书,历史学家难及情感细节,小说家则能通过想象补足。以下为完整视频和文字实录:
【以下为文字实录】
Peter Brian Ditmanson 戴彼得:
Excerpt From 节选自:
An Ode We Owe 《我们所欠的一首颂歌》
by Amanda Gorman(阿曼达・戈尔曼)
This is the most pressing truth:
这是最紧迫的事实:
That Our people have only one planet to call home,
人类只有一个可以称之为家园的星球,
And our planet has only one people to call its own.
而这个星球也只有一个可以称之为其子民的人类。
We can either divide and be conquered by the few,
我们要么分裂,从而被少数人所征服,
Or we can decide to conquer the future,
要么作出选择,去赢得未来,
And say that today a new dawn we wrote,
并且宣告:今天,我们书写了新的黎明,
Say that as long as we have humanity,
只要我们仍具有人性,
We will forever have hope.
我们就始终拥有希望。
Together, we won’t just be the generation:
让我们共同成为这样一代人:
That tries but the generation that triumphs;
不仅尝试,而且取得成功;
Let us see a legacy——
让我们看到一种遗产——
Where tomorrow is not driven By the human condition,
未来不再由人性的局限所驱动,
But by our human conviction.
而是由人类的信念所引领。
And while hope alone can’t save us now,
尽管单靠希望无法立刻拯救我们,
With it we can brave the now,
但有了希望,我们可以直面当下,
Because our hardest change hinges,
因为我们最艰难的改变,
On our darkest challenges.
取决于我们最严峻的挑战。
Thus may our crisis be our cry, our crossroad,
因此,让危机成为我们的呼声、我们的十字路口,
The oldest ode we owe each other.
成为我们彼此所欠下的最古老的颂歌。
We chime it, for the climate,
我们为气候而发声,
For our communities.
为我们的共同体而共鸣。
We shall respect and protect
我们将尊重并保护
Every part of this planet,
这个星球的每一个部分,
Hand it to every heart on this earth,
把它托付给地球上每一颗心灵,
Until no one’s worth is rendered,
直到没有任何人的价值,
By the race, gender, class, or identity。
再由其出生时的种族、性别、阶层或身份所决定。
They were born. This morn let it be sworn:
就在今晨,让我们立下誓言:
That we are one one human kin,
我们同属一个人类整体,
Grounded not just by the griefs,
不仅因我们共同承受的苦难而彼此相连,
We bear, but by the good we begin.
也因我们共同开启的善行而彼此奠基。
To anyone out there:
我们同属一个人类整体:
I only ask that you care before it’s too late,
我只请求你在为时未晚之前去关怀,
That you live aware and awake,
以清醒与觉知去生活,
That you lead with love in hours of hate.
在仇恨之时以爱为引领。
I challenge you to heed this call,
我呼吁你回应这一召唤,
I dare you to shape our fate.
我也敦促你去塑造我们的命运。
Above all, I dare you to do good,
最重要的是,我请求你行善,
So that the world might be great.
使这个世界因此变得更好。
戴彼得:我推荐的书是《狼厅》,这本书讲的是16世纪英国历史的宫廷的冲突和问题。我特别喜欢阅读这本书,我个人是历史家,我一直觉得我们历史家要把人类的历史系统化、逻辑化,找一些规律来把人的经验简单化。
“特别声明:以上作品内容(包括在内的视频、图片或音频)为凤凰网旗下自媒体平台“大风号”用户上传并发布,本平台仅提供信息存储空间服务。
Notice: The content above (including the videos, pictures and audios if any) is uploaded and posted by the user of Dafeng Hao, which is a social media platform and merely provides information storage space services.”